collapse
Site Introduction

From the Shadows is a military/spy themed sandbox RP that focuses on the special operations and intelligence communities. Drawing thematic inspiration from real world sources and realistic military fiction (Tom Clancy, Dalton Fury, et al) it is designed to provide an immersive and authentic feeling world and story. Our goal is to be entertaining and engaging while still honoring and respecting the real-life operators and agents who inspire the story.

Rules
Unit List
Active Teams

Want Ads
Face Claims
References

Mature board || No WC || Authentic Setting

Story Spotlight:

Urgent Mercy A coalition force of special operations comes into contact with the cartel and corrupt Argentine Special Forces while trying to rescue a downed friendly pilot.

Author Topic: 101 on sneaking into a heavily fortified bunker  (Read 268 times)

Offline Mim

• Bow before your Goddess
  • Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-fi and Fantasy Forum
101 on sneaking into a heavily fortified bunker
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »
 Obviously we do have a problem with that don't we?  :D

So okay, what options do we have?

In the first instance, patience, something will always turn up, so without giving too much away, help will be at hand soon.

Yet in the meantime lets think about the bunker. Logically would there really be one way in?
 Nooooo of course not. We could suppose there is a back door, an escape route for them, which we can also suppose feeds out onto the Brazilian side of the mountain; so scratch that.

What else? Actually think about it. They need air, lots of it don't they? Then we're in an area with some of the heaviest rainfall on Earth, so flooding might be a problem at times, where does that water go if it gets in? Outflow, sewerage and general water disposal, that has to come out somewhere doesn't it?

So there ya go. All is not so black and white.  :busy
"The stars are no barrier for me."

Offline Ghost0109

• Technical Advisor
  • Fresh mags, and more rum for the boys
    • View Profile
Re: 101 on sneaking into a heavily fortified bunker
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »
Hm, that's not the problem at hand
 The team's on plot can get in. The issue is getting out alive.

Yes there are multiple points of entry, likely all fortified though with (at a minimum) personnel. Again not a problem. The issue we have however is that once we get going it has to be surgical amd quick.

Ooooor we run the risk of Cate being killed, which also makes the insertion of a QRF or secondary force impossible until we get her under our control/protection.

The enemy basically has a standing modern military. Can't fly and jump in, can't take boats in, can't drive a convoy in sue to all of these optionoptionstectable to a degree. And given the current threat at hand once an attempt gets sniffed out, the risk of Cate being killed grows.

Again, plot shielding and development cool. But these are the things that would be on the command staffs mind. Both in the AO and the Falklands.

As it stands, already from what was briefed when this started. The SBS and CAG guys will make up the assault and recovery team. That's delta's bread and butter, cool.

RRC is outside the objective sporting targets. Ie patrols, outposts,  entry points. They'll  call in assets for air/sea guides strikes. As well as coordinate the extraction.

The problem being though is that they'd be painfully outnumbered once all of this goes down which means hiding out in the jungles.

What could be a case is having communication between the current group on target and the crews in the Falklands. Have them literally staged to move as soon as the action starts
 Otherwise there's gonna he some trouble and we'll be stuck in a shorty E&E plan on in someone else's backyard. It could become an operation red wings scenarios.

But just my two cents.

I'm open to other thoughts and suggestions as always.

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 02:34:16 AM »
We'll wait for the Falklands team to get going. That's my best suggestion at this time. Possibly we'll have to do a couple of time jumps. In the meantime those already on the ground should be looking for other points of entry. They will know by now that Cate isn't a mere pilot and she can take care of herself. As hinted in IC, she has actually been through this before, only worse. :D

Offline E.J.

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Board Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »
My suggestion is a diversion. Have either the DevGru team or someone else from Falklands roll in on the river, light some positions up and draw out some of the QRF elements from the complex, giving the teams on the ground a better chance?

There's also the fact that the Argetine SOFG dudes on the cartel payroll are in the area as well.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Lance Corporal
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »
Why not have the incoming SBS aid exfil, since it seems way overkill to commit going on 6 AFOs for one pilot.

We should hold off on sending DEVGRU only because dumping units in Urgent Mercy sort of oversaturates the op, and not everyone is a fit for that.

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 02:47:07 AM »
US Air Force is committed to retrieving Cate, 'we don't leave anyone behind'. As well, Sorra is committed to having her character Rob go there, so ....there  :P :sam2

Offline MarstheOddball

• The Oddball
  • I am... the crazy Canadian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 03:25:07 AM »
Well should be interesting to see what happens, already have a few ideas in mind if something bad happens XD... rather I'm planning on it *evil grin*. No, but all jokes aside, I think it should be unique to see how it all plays out, looking forward to seeing all that happens in the next little bit, more so if we're doing this realistically! :D

Offline Ghost0109

• Technical Advisor
  • Fresh mags, and more rum for the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 04:11:15 AM »
Exfil is already planned out. Things just have to line up. I mean no one on the Falklands sife is really staging, but we've got options either way.

The SBS and SEALs are in the same AO are they Not? It's really. Just a matter on who gets the green light I suppose.

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 05:52:19 AM »
 Colonel Carter has a Brit team with Rob Henschel ready to depart Stanley now. We will need a time jump though as I estimated it would take around 3.5 hours to get there.

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
101 on sneaking into a heavily fortified bunker~update
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 03:46:54 AM »
Just so ya all know what to do.

As soon as the first person posts, write that Sophia has turned on the power to the kitchens setting off the explosion, which should be somewhat bigger than Cate had planned on  :sam3

We hear a few screams, then the sound of running. There are currently around anything up to 20 guys inside. When that takes place, start heading out into the hallways, there should be a fairly quick engagement, but leave the main guy for Luciana, someone can capture him if they like.

Once we've secured the interior, of course those still on the outside will have heard the muffled explosion, that includes the SBS team with Robert. This will also distract the guys manning the guard points on each turn going up the hill, making it easier to take them out.

All done, both teams meet up, bloodied and sweaty at the entrance ready for the extraction by the CH-53's. At this point the AV8's will come in a play merry not too far away. Clear?  :sam2

* Awards

RPG-D MC #130 - 2nd Place

* Forum Staff

Tactical Operations Center admin Tactical Operations Center
Board Staff
E.J. admin E.J.
Board Staff
Thaddeus admin Thaddeus
Board Staff
Mim admin Mim
Board Staff