collapse
Site Introduction

From the Shadows is a military/spy themed sandbox RP that focuses on the special operations and intelligence communities. Drawing thematic inspiration from real world sources and realistic military fiction (Tom Clancy, Dalton Fury, et al) it is designed to provide an immersive and authentic feeling world and story. Our goal is to be entertaining and engaging while still honoring and respecting the real-life operators and agents who inspire the story.

Rules
Unit List
Active Teams

Want Ads
Face Claims
References

Mature board || No WC || Authentic Setting

Story Spotlight:

Urgent Mercy A coalition force of special operations comes into contact with the cartel and corrupt Argentine Special Forces while trying to rescue a downed friendly pilot.

Author Topic: Operation Volunteer-Falklands  (Read 171 times)

Offline Mim

• Bow before your Goddess
  • Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-fi and Fantasy Forum
Operation Volunteer-Falklands
« on: May 02, 2017, 01:39:36 AM »
 As the hunt for Cate MacGregor steps up, it is realized that with the impending offensive invasion that things could go south for her very quickly. The Pentagon knows this and so does Langley (CIA), it is imperative that Cate is either rescued quickly, or sacrificed (killed by a tactical strike on wherever they are holding her)

To add boots on the ground to step up the search, Colonel Samantha Carter has been given clearance to ask for volunteers from those personnel stationed on, or rotating through RAF Mt Pleasant in the Falklands. This would be an ideal mission for SEAL operatives and anyone connected to her in any way (CIA's and others). Who we gonna call?

Code: [Select]
[b]Characters Participating:[/b]
"The stars are no barrier for me."

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Lance Corporal
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Volunteer-Falklands
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 02:24:30 AM »
Characters Participating:LT Jack "Hawk" Pierce, USN - No. 1 Sqn, RAAF

I'll wait to see what's the plan for SEALs before I decide on if my SEAL will be there or not.

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 02:49:07 AM »
 Okays, that will be great as we will need a top cover for the infil. Hopefully we can work in some air to air combat. Right now I have to put in an ad for a base commander :D

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:44:03 AM »
Have the powers that be in Argentina imported in any fighters? Because as of right now, the closest they have in their current Air Force arsenal are some A-4 Skyhawks with an updated avionics package that came out of the F-16, plus the prop driven Pucaras that weren't that effective back in 1982.

A possibility would be, given Venezuela's situation, they've managed to get their hands on some of the hardware Hugo Chavez was buying from Russia before his ticket was punched. That would get them access to Su-30s, F-16s, and Hind gunships, since the Argentine Air Force's current inventory is pretty lacking, and the cartel forces are using their money to shore up where the government fell short. Past that, only Chile has anything of note, Uruguay and Paraguay operate some prop trainers from Brazil.

I wouldn't mind some air-to-air, which is why I asked.

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 03:56:13 AM »
Skyhawks 22
IA Pampa 22 (similar to the BAE Hawk)

We could say Cuba was very friendly towards the Cartel and managed to sneak in some Chinese Chengdu J-7s. That would make sense.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 04:00:37 AM »
The Pampas were last listed as being pending delivered, that's why I didn't note them. The project drug on for almost a decade because Argentina couldn't manage paying for them. But if the Cartel somehow funneled the funds to get them paid off, that could work.

Online Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:15 AM »
We can say its a done deal  :sam2 :CH

"A small woman with an immense attitude"

* Awards

RPG-D MC #130 - 2nd Place

* Forum Staff

Tactical Operations Center admin Tactical Operations Center
Board Staff