Author Topic: Urgent Mercy (Operation Whirlwind Phase I)  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Mim

• Bow before your Goddess
  • Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-fi and Fantasy Forum
Re: Urgent Mercy (Operation Whirlwind Phase I)
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 04:02:19 AM »

Sketching out the map was easy, Luci was at the very least quite good with a pencil and her imagination. When done she handed it over, only to be surprised that the men then led her away. Shock registered on her face when she realized they were not going to let her go, more so they were willing to sacrifice the pilot into the bargain merely to get their macho off with guns blazing as if it were some action movie with Stallone. Most likely they were going to murder her as well. "I did not lie to you hombre, if within one hour I do not return, Catherine and my friends will die for certain. I will tell you this, that bunker was built sixty years ago by the government, it was built to resist a nuclear bomb...but if they..." She jabbed her thumb over her shoulder towards above them. "...think they may lose it senor, they will simply leave by the back door before you even arrive and you objective will still be lost either way." She looked at them with pleading eyes. "I want to kill that Pakistani pig myself, personally."
"The stars are no barrier for me."

Offline Jason Freese

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
So that's how it was going to be huh? Top gave a low growl in his throat, the old and disgruntled Ranger rolled his eyes before Assassin-6 came online. “Go for three.”

“we’re being rerouted to the Falklands. Between main and our fuel situation, it's the best move we can make.”

“Rog. Are we off target?”

“Negative, you're being retasked to assist in that as your primary with your previous mission set as a secondary.”

Top didn't need to answer, the man in the other end knew the Sergeant First Class well enough.

“Get it done Top, we'll be here ready to spin up if needed.”

“Rog, what about our Aerial and local assets?”

“They've been postponed or pulled time now.”

“Fuck.”

“Play the game Assassin. Task Force Fury will be standing by. The rest of us are setting up for the next job. You got this right?”

“Always do. Three-Actual out.” He sighed, glancing around at the CAG and SBS personnel in his Hide. “The way things are unfolding have forced us to gamble a little bit.” His attention shifting to his comms as he pushed the PTT. “Ghost, Blue, tighten it up.” Four squelches came back to him which caused Top to run his gloved fingers through his hair. “I'll tell you this much woman. You screw us and you'll find the cartel ain't the worse thing out here.”

"Assassin four, this is Three actual. Standby for a FRAGO."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:50:33 PM by Jason Freese »

Offline Paul Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
"I did not lie to you hombre, if within one hour I do not return, Catherine and my friends will die for certain. I will tell you this, that bunker was built sixty years ago by the government, it was built to resist a nuclear bomb...but if they..."

Voodoo was not much of a talker, not out of rudeness nor out of shyness, it just was. He listened out to the woman's side of the story - weighing it up with everything else that was said. His eyes scanned the immediate surroundings as he pulled his focus away for a split moment, keeping his ear on the woman.

"...think they may lose it senor, they will simply leave by the back door before you even arrive and you objective will still be lost either way."

If they had any other choice, there would have been a wait out for four hours for the QRF to arrive - but with so many unpredicatable outcomes, there was just not enough time to go through each one, weighing up consequence and benefits. Paul had been in the game long enough to know that if they found her unverified, she was a dead woman.

"I'll see what I can do." Voodoo couldn't mention much to the woman, but there was always something he could attempt to do, whether it flew above him in rank - then there was something he couldn't change.

Breaking into his comms, "Crusader 2 to Crusader Actual, the woman's given us intel about a back door. Any hint of us, they flee out the back. Over."

Offline Alastair Lansbury

• Sergeant - SBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
"No, Catherine asked for it senor, but I believe it is possible to speed up what she wants to do. Eliminate one of their resources that she had planned on doing from the inside, can be done more easily from without."

Alastair wasn't liking the talk that they were all having - with many of them carrying it on. But, there was a place and time for such talk, they didn't have time to argue over the matter. Time was running short. But, she was quickly moved away from them by one of the Delta Force members - Alastair turned to his team, rallying them up.

"Assassin, Tango 4, this is Mount Pleasant actual. Be advised you have an SBS team inbound to assist in S and R. ETA 4 hours."

"Looks like M Squadron's finally been given the go-ahead." Alastair said, with a grim expression.

Franklin folded his arms, "Don't think they'd get here in time before the fireworks kick off, eh, Sergeant?"

"Cannae say that much is going te come o' this if we keep standing around." Mac added.

There was a moment silence before they slowly wandered back towards the Delta and other elements.

"Rangers, you'll be our cordon team. Mark and target any technicals, armor, or other shit and keep that B-2 laying the hate. We'll give you our LAWs. JTF, SBS you'll be rolling into the complex itself with my team to conduct search and rescue. Questions?"

"Aye," Alastair replied with a slight raise of his hand. "What's the other QRF blokes going to be doing once they arrive if we kick off the fireworks early?"

Offline James Hendricks

• U.S. Army CAG/1st SFOD-DELTA
  • E-8 (Master Sergeant)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 09:03:39 PM »
Sully listened intently to her explanation. Needs and wants often blurred in these circumstances. They had lost so much more momentum, and here this woman - unverified and unwelcomed - was asking for them to wait longer. When everyone had spoke, and the Canadian had given his idea, Sully nodded.

"First off, I need to know how we can trust all of what you've told us." He said. "If you know Cate, and I mean truly know her, you'll know her countersign." He added, eyes scanning the woman's face for any sign of falsehood. "That aside, it doesn't explain how you found us. How you knew exactly where we were."

Vegas nodded his agreement. "Boss, I think this chick knew because the cartel told her. They had to have reported in before we smoked that patrol."

Sully turned back to her. "Well?"

The native woman was silent for what seemed like a very long moment before she spoke again. Her eyes were defiant now, challenging the statement that Vegas had made. "Senor, I found you because, to be blunt, you are not natural here. The very jungle itself reacts to your presence." She said, and got a nod from a few of the operators. Indig personnel often knew the terrain better than the operators who trained years to work in it.

"You are also being watched. The Frente Nacional de Resistencia know you are here, and wish to help." When she saw some of the men stiffen at the mention of being watched. "Cate told me to say Breaker Morant, and that you would help." She offered, finally.

Sully turned to the group. "It checks out. It's apparently a favorite film of hers." He told them. "The resistance fighters are a new wrinkle. They're not supposed to be those close to the border." The FNP, a CIA funded resistance group, had long been working in Argentina as the eyes and ears of the company.

"I need to check in. Hang tight." He said, moving away from the group and hitting his PTT.

"Crusader actual calling Palace Actual, how copy, over?"

Palace Actual, back in Bragg, answered. "Palace actual receiving. Solid copy on all. Send it, over."

"Palace, be advised, Crusader and Assassin elements are in place and ready for assult, break, we have a local girl here stating she has intel that package needs more time, over."

"Crusader, can you verify, over?"

"She has the right countersign, over."

"Crusader, be advised, you are to use any intel you have. QRF and CAS are tied up at the moment, over."

"Solid copy, our plan is to infil via a cistern then exfil with QRF. Who is on station, over?"

"Redneck you will be in contact with a relief SBS team from Falklands. ETA to your position is two hours, CAS provided by forces from Falklands, how copy, over?"

"No other assets from the strike group, over?"

"Not at this time. They are observe and report only, over."

"Rog. Will proceed with secondary assault plan and exfil via SBS pickup. Any further traffic, over?"

"Not at this time, Crusader. Have a good one. Palace out."

Sully returned to the group. "Alright gents. Here's the plan." He said. "Our friend here is going to draw us a map of the cisterns. You Canadian boys have a good plan, but I say we make it one better. Use your explosives as a diversion to pull forces away from the main complex, and then hit them with warheads that the Rangers can supply."

He took a breath. "CAG and the SBS team will be the main force, with Ranger and JTF acting as a control element. Our QRF is a secondary SBS team with CAS from RAF Falklands. Questions?"

Castle spoke up. "Boss, we've lost way too much momentum here already. Why are we waiting on Falklands?"

"Politics and press, buddy." Came the reply. He turned to Luciana. "Is there any chance the FNP would be willing to stop 'watching' and get their hands dirty?"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:31:07 PM by James Hendricks »

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »

Nervously Luciana glanced at one of the men's watches, her eyes widening in surprise for she had not been keeping track of time. She also knew exactly how long it would take to get these people into the cistern, for her to get back, clean up and appear as if everything was normal. Of course she had to do all of this as well, without practically peeing herself from fear. Thirty three minutes. She could get them in and hidden in twenty five if they left now, leaving her just eight minutes to reappear with her friends. "Senor?" She said anxiously.

Offline Jason Freese

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 10:04:48 PM »
Ghost emerged from the brush first, CJ close behind.

Top held a finger up to halt the Sergeant's words since he knew what was coming. “Still on mission, we just have to push to the right a little.”

“Fuck…”

“Hey secret squirrel boys. We’re taking your LAWs. You won't be using them inside.” He motioned to Ghost who detached both from the  SMU team’s rucks.

Ghost held out one of the rockets, holding it out for Brick once he and Blue entered the Hide.

“I want off this crazy ride boss.”

“No joy  Brick. We’re stuck on this one.”

“Damn, let's  just get this over with. We’ve lost too much momentum already. They know we’re in the area already.”

“Good, makes our job easy and fun.” Top tried to rationalize it, but there truly was no way. He scanned the. Faces of his men, noting Ghost watching him from the corner of his eye. Too could only give a nod of reassurance, we'll aware of what he was thinking.

Ghost let out a slow sigh, his ghastly visage looking toward the woman for a brief moment. “I'll get the grids down for where we’re setting cordon.” Rangers weren't the best at playing well with others, let alone being nice. “Really missing Spade right about now.”

“Joys of having a family.”

“Yeah...right. I'm Oscar Mike.” Ghost continued I'm, heading back out to the readjusted OP1 with CJ in tow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 03:08:43 AM by Jason Freese »

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 01:01:38 AM »

*Radio secure channel*

"Assassin, Kermit inbound. Be advised ETA minus two point seven five, we have a tailwind."

Offline Jason Freese

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »
"Copy all Kermit, 2-7-5, tailwind.  Assassin out." He got up from his position and scanned the hide. "Top," Brick made his way over to the acting team three leader, taking a knee near him. "Kermit came in. Their less than three hours out with a tailwind. Last known from Main is that they're on the deck of the CSG standing by. Got some squids spinning up though so they may not get the chance to get their rocks off. Also, Chileans had to RTB."

"Yeah, I got it. I don't like this."

"Neither do I boss. There are too many blind spots for this one."

Top stood up partially, motioning Ghost over.

The Sergeant quickly glided through the woods, turning towards Top so the older man could access his ruck. He pulled out a dispo'd molle pouch, housing their saftied demo charges. "Alright Ghost, drop ruck and go kill the CiC."

"Rog." He turned, tacking the pack before returning to his apex to leave the ruck behind. Ghost removed his boonie, storing it in his pocket before placing his helmet back on and securing his SPR Mk12. He quickly sunk into the jungle, making his way towards the tower.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:37:52 PM by Jason Freese »

Offline Cate MacGregor

• Squadron Leader-RAAF
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2017, 01:23:52 AM »

<To Bunker Cistern>>

With everything finally set in place, Luciana led the men back up the almost vertical trail seemingly away from the bunker main entrance, she was veering slightly east with each several meters they climbed. Finally after a hard ten minutes she brought them to a ledge that was covered with overhanging vegetation with the only thing that made it stand out was the water flow that could be seen beneath, now barely a trickle yet one could quite readily see that heavier flows poured from it on a regular basis.

She took them in, passed a rusted out steel grill then into the tunnels. Although primarily for allowing water to be dispersed from the bunker system, much of this was even older, having been built on top of an ancient Spanish fort that was built in the 1500's at a time the natives had the upper hand. There were side tunnels going off in several directions, many ended in collapses, but not all. Luciana led them straight though, upwards then back west until finally they were in a space that measured roughly five by five meters and about a meter and a half high. They had to keep their heads down. Directly above them, light could be seen from the bathroom through the grill. "Wait here senors and please be quiet." She told them as she gently pushed the iron cover away after checking first naturally. Sophia was there, as arranged she or one of the others were to come back every fifteen minutes.

"All is well?" She asked.

"Si." Sophia nodded. "Caterine is back in her cell, but none of the pigs are aware. They think her sleeping and will not disturb her until prior to the next transmission. Right now they are curious as to why it has gone quiet outside with many of them laughing thinking the hombres have given up and left."

"That is what she predicted they would do. Run, if it is safe bring her back here." While the younger woman went to fetch Cate, Luciana guarded the door after picking up her side arm that had been left for her. Several minutes later Cate was back, seemingly guarded by all the women, two stayed by the now closed door.

Kneeling down beside the open grill, Cate peered in. "Took your time didn't you guys?" You'd never think she had been beaten, forced to endure the shame of that video, or even the shame of being captured in the first place.

~Time Jump local area 3+ hours~
'Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather.'

Offline Mim

• Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2017, 01:38:54 AM »
<1230 hours>

The CH-53's disgorged their charges near the Uruguay river just short of the Brazilian border, the RHIB's were in place waiting for the teams. With rotors slowing turning, the aircrews were to wait for the signal that hopefully would come soon for the exfil of all teams. When that happened, the AV8's were ready to deploy their little diversion, each one loaded with six 250 kg HE bombs.

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »
Robert was nearly bouncing the whole trip.  He gripped his fists closed, glad to finally be doing something.  At least he could try to get Cate back.  He was one of the first off the chopper, gun in hand.  He knew he had to wait for further instructions though. 

Offline Broderick Stone

• M Sqd, Troop A - Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »
Certainly, it had made for one hell of a trip. Broderick had remained alert the entire journey, making sure each team knew what they were going to be doing once they set foot on land. It was pretty straight forward once they had gotten set up in the RHIBs.

Brody had been the driver of one as they made their way ever closer up river, the journey having taken only fifteen minutes before they spotted their friendly local who had eventually guided them through the dense jungle.

Broderick had switched the helmet to his baseball hat, strapping his helmet to one side of his bag as they continued. Keeping footsteps light and the formation in sight, they had continued trekking until they all reached the bunker. They had all remained silent, Broderick checking they had not lost Henschel as he allowed Wilson to take point.

He walked up to the team who had remained outside the bunker with a hushed tone, "Finally getting some more boots on the ground. Hope you lads don't mind. Broderick Stone, your QRF cavalry."

((If this needs editing, let me know.))

Offline Cate MacGregor

• Squadron Leader-RAAF
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »
<Bunker-women's bathroom>

Having received the items she needed, namely a role of duck tape and several lengths of copper wire, Cate left the men hidden securely beneath the women's washroom in the cistern. Perhaps for them it wasn't the most ideal hidey hole but it was better than nothing plus it was located in such a ideal locations that from where they were it was possible to leave the women to take care of both the lab and coms center, then for them to do the rest. What was required though was for a little distraction from within to get all, or at least most of the Cartel men in one place. That was Cate's plan.

It had been worked out between the girls for the times they would eat since the men left were all now either the foreign fighters of those converted, it was quite easy for them to be on their own. The males not wanting to dine with the women, it was the same with prayer time and other occasions, the girls were left to roam with the men thinking they were of now tactical value. Their mistake. At a given signal Cate was led to the kitchens in full view, although what the men didn't see was the little extras she carried in the loose fitting clothes supplied to her. Once in the mess she and Luciana got to work with a 15 liter plastic drum of ammonia they used for cleaning, with a small 500 ml bottle of chlorine. Cate wrapped the copper wire around the chlorine, securing it with the duck tape while she ran the ends of the wire back to a light fittings they had switched off, over one of the servery counters, fitting one end to the positive, the other to the negative poles. They spent the usual fifteen minutes in there before leaving, as they did on a prearranged time, one of the other women switched off the power to the mess from the meter room; Cate turned the light switch back on over the servery before leaving.

As per the usual routine before Cate was to be returned to her room, they would visit the bathroom once again. This time was different though, some decent clothes in the form of her flight suit, the girls were now armed having pilfered the armory while they could, giving Cate an old M16 and Browning .45 side arm. When they left the armory, a grenade was attached to the door on a piece of wire as Cate had shown them how to do, then three of the women were assembled back in the bathroom, one was left in the meter room. The cover was lifted from the Cistern, with Cate leaning back down once again. "Party time boys, time to rock and roll." In two minutes Sophia would turn the power back on in the kitchen, the following explosion though not large, would be big enough to have the men come running.

'Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather.'

Offline Jason Freese

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »
Top used a reflective panel to flag down the QRF, he moved up to a knee, ghillie suit and gathered foliage wrapped around his shroudedform. They wouldn't be able to find him or his team otherwise.

As the Brits closed in Top went to his comes, pressing the PTT and speaking into rhe mic of his Peltors. "Assassin three, Assassin three actual, be advise friendly QRF is on plot, break. Stand by for follow on." He released thr PTT before giving his attention Stone.

"No, don't much mind. I just hope all of this was worth it because we lost a lot of assets on this one. We've got one US Special Missions Unit, and a gaggle pf your boys inside to extract the pilot. We're out here thinning the heard and calling out the trouble spots. There are several outposts, camps amd a larger coastal command observation post by rhe river. Luckily none of thay hit you I the way in. Secondly we,'ve got enemy SOF inside and enemy armor on our target. I'm unaware of whqy kind of support we have, as our own organic units for got pulled off."

The Sergeant First Class was hoping for some form of rectifying answer, because things were bad before, however there was no change to those bad things for better or worse. They jad hard targets all over the place and fighting out of the AO was going to be hell.

"What's the extraction plan for you guys?"