Author Topic: Port Stanley-Falkland Islands  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
Re: Port Stanley-Falkland Islands
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 09:46:03 PM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt Pleasant>

Robert chuckled a bit.  Leave it to Kyle to have sone crazy story like that.  Although it make sense.   He had to admit it felt good to be able to laugh with them.  Cate wouldn't want them to be upset.  Although he wasn’t giving up on her.  Robert grabbed a sandwich and some chips figuring he needed to eat.

Before Robert had a chance to head over to the table someone he had never seen before spoke his name.  He turned to Broderick, tray in hands.   "Thats me, sir."  A smile actually touched his lips, something that had been missing since Cate was missing.  She could always get him laugh.  "Got that right.   When do we leave?"

Offline Colonel Samantha Carter

• "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2017, 01:34:19 AM »
<UK CO's Office RAF Mt Pleasant-0902>

Sam watch Stone and his group leave, hoping she hadn't left anything out. Naturally she knew she had,'t but there was nothing like checking all the same. After staring at the half open door for a few moments her eye was drawn to the desktop screen and the small 'new's window the base's CO left open; Sam clicked on it to full screen and almost fell backwards out of her chair as she saw feeds from several media outlets all describing a Youtube post not a few minutes ago. "Oh God, Cate." Her eyes watered almost instantly, but that didn't stop her getting on the phone to Cate's mother. It was going to be a long day.
"I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle."

Offline Patricia Ramirez

• Lt USAF ANG~Red Tails
  • "The Nugget"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2017, 02:20:46 AM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt Pleasant 0902>

They were getting all set up to go see the Aussie group, Kyle even had a few lines ready in hand to throw at them. But it wasn't to be as some big Brit lug came in asking for Robert. Although Trish wasn't going to be the strong silent type where their teammate was concerned. She knew he was to return home after a day or so being here, but now this new revelation was worthy of saying something about; knowing what Colonel Carter said earlier helped as well.

"Hey there big fella, ya'll gonna take our boy away from us its gonna cost you." She was joking of course. "No, Rob I feel you man. Go with them, go find Cate for us and we'll cover you. Captain...um, sorry. I'm Lieutenant Ramirez and my buddy here is Captain Lacosse. I guess you're off to find Cate..."

"How do." Kyle said in his all so typical manner. "Dude, we need our girl, one because she's our boss lady and we're kind of fond of her and two, she's the only one who can control the nugget here." He patted Trish on the shoulder.

"Fu....." Her face went red. "Captain, Rob. Go, find her....please." Those pleading dark brown eyes were full of emotion.

Offline Leah Kim-Sook

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2017, 02:52:28 AM »
<Boat Harbor, Port Stanley>

Leah rose a brow at their weapon selection and the rules of the game. Pretty simple amd straight forward. While she had never used the 416 she was aware that operating the tool was much like any other AR platform, but it's inner workings and feel was different. It would be subtle but she'd have to adjust accordingly.  The sidearm was a lot like her own however so there was no issue.

"I personally think  the officer should fish out more cash, that way it will feel like more of an accomplishment...for all of us. Yourself included if you imagine the bullet you'll dodge if you  win...sir," she added at the end. The snarky attitude ever so present in the Swick's demeanor, but that was normal. Leah glanced down at her watch, making more of the time for a brief moment.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:56:39 PM by Leah Kim-Sook »

Offline Aron Klaudiusz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2017, 02:58:18 AM »
<Boat Harbor, Port Stanley>

"Hm, I like this one she is sharp no?" Aron grinned as he fished out an American bill. One of many he had swiped due to drinking games...and lots of pool which he was getting quite good at if he could say so himself. "Well I suppose, being officer myself I must contribute."

He took the stappler, tacking  the crumpled mass of bills near Jack's 50. "Look even more incentive." He stepped forward after that, hefting the ever so familiar HK416 and grinned. "You can all give up now." After giving the rifle a visual inspection, Aron loaded the weapon system and chambered a round. He got settled in his stance at low ready, waiting for the go.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:55:13 PM by Aron Klaudiusz »

Offline Jack Pierce

• LT - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2017, 07:26:23 AM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt. Pleasant>

As Jack started to glance over his shoulder at what all the commotion was with the zoomies, his attention was turned back to the TV on the wall as one of the RAF personnel turned up the volume. And then the fork fell out of his hand as he saw why the TV was being turned up.

Plain as day, some assholes with some name that Jack figured was picked out of a hat for all the generic status it had were holding Cate MacGregor, the former executive officer of No. 1 Squadron. His expression went from playful with some concern on the situation to outright scowling.

"What. The. Fuck." Jack said out loud, "She was supposed to be in goddamn Alabama, how the blue hell is she now...there? When the hell did this happen?"

Jack immediately pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned it back on. As soon as it got a wi-fi signal, his instant messenger was blown up by AJ, with a link to YouTube and news articles related to Cate's capture. Her statements mirrored his own on the matter. He quickly typed in a reply.

idkwtf is going on. yet. will advise.

"...this is some bullshit with a capital B. They probably won't let us fly top cover for the CSAR, though, call it some emotional compromise or whatever, but they better get something going right goddamn now. Damn it." Jack's scowl only seemed to get deeper. He didn't really know Cate that well, but the principle of the matter was the same; she was a fellow fighter pilot in enemy hands.

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 01:23:06 AM »

Somewhere between telling old history and filling her mouth things rapidly turned sour. Robyn's mobile phone started buzzing madly in her cargo pocket at the very same time as the monstrous TV was turned up playing live or at least a delayed view of what had been posted on social media across the world. The chewing stopped, she almost gagged on what she was eating, swallowing it down in one very hard mouthful that threatened to come straight out again. You didn't have to like someone personally not to feel their pain. Bobbie never saw eye to eye with her former instructor but she harbored no ill will towards her either; in a strange way she admired Catherine for her toughness, something Bobbie could never aspire to. She remembered seeing her stand over a six foot something 200 lb Marine officer at a joint exercise in Darwin once, Cate actually intimidated the man. "Last I heard she was exchanged as a training instructor, or at least that is what they sent to Amberly. How the hell did she end up here.......god look at her face Jack?" Just in saying that almost brought her to tears.

Then she remembered her phone. Bobbie looked at the caller ID, it was from her brother Hans, a simple text message. "Give em hell Sis, bring her back." So Jack's statement was rather poignant at this point, emotions be damned, not if she had anything to do with it. She held up the Samsung for him to see the message. Though Hans wasn't Air Force, as a federal cop who had moved to both NSW and Queensland just to either annoy his baby sister, or pretend to watch over her, he'd visited the officers mess at each base she was posted to, Amberly the last as he had managed to get stationed at himself. "Doesn't matter what they think Jack. We're going to do whatever is asked of us, besides I have this unnerving feeling this is going to escalate very quickly. Did you notice that guys accent? English educated but no way is he Hispanic. Where I grew up, forty percent of the neighborhood were from the Middle East, you cannot mistake the way they speak no matter where they learned their English. Something stinks in Argentina."

"That AJ?" She asked seeing her wingman's own phone in his hand. She sent back to Hans asking him to see if he can get his higher ups to analyse that video, which of course she was sure that ASIS would be doing right now.

"A small woman with an immense attitude"

Offline Broderick Stone

• M Sqd, Troop A - Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »

As common practice had it, Broderick had been scanning the canteen again when the news began to show. It was the dropping of a fork that had attracted his attention, fully, to the screen that was there. His hand had been placed on the Captain's shoulder - making sure that if he were to do anything rash, he was in place to stop it.

The situation was dire.

Broderick gritted his teeth as he listened to the captor who spoke, certainly had not held onto whatever native tongue they would of had but an almost proper English accent, unlike his Lancashire accent. "Bloody bollocks." He needed to think quickly - but at the same time hold his train of thought. The man was making demands that any of their troops would be removed from Argentina, and he was on the path that did not bow to the demands of a terrorist.

"Rob, with me. Anything else," Brody turned to Trish and Kyle. "We'll be in the Colonel's office."

He turned and began heading off, Brody needed an instant update before he got onto the phone with their squadron leader - who probably was talking it over with their own superiors at this time.

<UK CO's Office RAF Mt Pleasant>

He breathed heavily, calming himself down with a few squeezes of his fists as he strode back over to the office. Back straight, "Colonel, permission to enter." There was no bull-shitting around, this in itself was critical.

<Briefing room>

They sat around, their arms crossed and each of their lips had been pressed into a thin grim line - Wilson's jaw was tight as he eyed the recording; he knew they wanted a piece of the bastard who had taken Cate. But, this played a bigger role, something much bigger was brewing and they needed confirmation from their own CO and their captain.

"I don't like this, Wilson. The bloke's bloody English."

"Not anymore he's not."

Wilson turned to the two soldiers, "We sit tight, and wait for Broderick. All further comments will be kept to yourselves. Got it?"

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2017, 11:57:08 PM »

Robert smiled at Trish,  nearly giving her a hug.  "You got it.  I'm not coming back without her."  That much he did know.   He turned when a fork dropped and Broderick's hand dropped onto his shoulder.   Before he could question it his icy eyes widened.  "That monster," he snarled,  seeing the bruises on Cate's face.  "He's dead when I get my hands on him." He didn’t know or care who the guy was.  He had hurt Cate and that was all that was going through his mind at the moment.

He nodded at Broderick.   "Lead the way.  I'm ready and willing to go."

Robert was still trying to calm himself when they reached the office.   He didn't want to chance getting himself kicked off the mission by doing some thing stupid.   He wanted to get to Cate and he would do what he could to get put there.

Offline Patricia Ramirez

• Lt USAF ANG~Red Tails
  • "The Nugget"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 02:42:33 AM »

"Go man, if we think of something we know where to find you both." Kyle didn't even look at Brody and Rob, his eyes were fixed to the TV screen as yet another network replayed the video that had the single effect of making him want to pick something up to throw at the screen.

Trish watched Rob go, wishing she could be with him, yet at the same time knowing that unless it was something she could fix with a bandage, unless she was in the air she was virtually useless to them. Her heart ached for her buddy to, she knew what it was like to lose someone. "Kyle, didn't you say that Cate was formerly CIA or ASIO or something like that?" She asked merely to find a little confidence.

"Uh huh." He nodded guiding her towards the Australian pilot's table. "Apparently both, or at least an agency called ASIS, which according to Sam Carter is the same as the CIA or something like that...why do you ask?"

"Dunno really, she just seems to be the kind of woman who can get out of screwed up situations better than you or I could." She shrugged as she was easily guided towards the RAAF officer and the US Navy guy.

"Uh huh." He said again.

Offline Colonel Samantha Carter

• "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2017, 03:30:40 AM »

"I'll call again as soon as we know anything Anne." Sam held the phone close, it was apparent that the conversation had been a very difficult one given the look in her eyes. Then it went from bad to worse as she placed the handset down, her eyes were once again drawn to the display screen with the latest headlines scrolling across the bottom. Another phone off to the side rang, she answered promptly as Stone came back in with Rob, Sam put a single finger up to indicate she'd be a minute, then once again turned the screen around so he could see it, with her head nodding towards it.

News Flash CNN:
Argentine President Roberto Indigalio, along with his immediate family, four cabinet Ministers and their families with several senior members of the military hierarchy have just landed in Asunción, Paraguay. It appears from early reports they are seeking asylum and permission from the Paraguayan Government to set up their own Government in exile. More news as it comes to hand.

"Mister President, yes its Sam. Lovely to hear your voice again." She was sometimes far too nice for her own good, but she listened to him for some minutes. "Yes sir, I do understand and they will have full co-operation from us. I take it the Bush has been notified and the second task force?" Another wait. "Thank you sir, I will be in touch." She placed the phone down, looking up at the Brit and Cate's fiance. "Don't tell me, someone else with more kick than I have has scrubbed the mission?" Naturally she was anxious, despite everything she had just seen and heard, nothing was changed as far as she was concerned.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:06:18 PM by Colonel Samantha Carter »
"I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle."

Offline Jack Pierce

• LT - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 07:13:20 AM »

"Yeah, and she's not happy. At all." Jack replied, "Did they break out Stingers already? If so, how'd anyone know we were already flying ops?"

Options were running through his head, he wasn't sure what types of SAMs were used in Argentina. Larger launchers were impractical in the middle of the jungle, but MANPADS like Stingers or Iglas...those were bad news. All they needed was one soldier and a few seconds and they could bring down an aircraft that wasn't paying attention. And unlike the larger launch platforms, you couldn't just tag it with a HARM like the good ol days where the Navy and Air Force punched Vietnamese SA-2s with Shrikes. But on the flip side, the ranges weren't great and flares typically worked well against MANPADS.

"I wonder if the Argies have anything to fly air ops with. Last I heard, when POTUS came down here, they had to fly F-16s for Air Force One the whole trip because they had nothing for air cover." Jack just started to muse aloud, not really sure what to expect. He wanted to get up there, but that wasn't his call to make. And it made it all the more frustrating.

Offline Michelle Hanley

• PO2 - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
<Shooting Range, Boat Harbor, Port Stanley>

Michelle hung back and watched the Polish operator shoot. The question was if her shooting was going to hold up here with DEVGRU. She had good marks from Master-at-Arms "A" school and her shooting had been good enough to qualify her for sniper training during TRP School, but these guys were a cut above the rest.

There was just a degree of intimidation here, she was having a hard time shaking it. She didn't know what to make of being swapped from Team Three to DEVGRU so fast, but she also didn't know what her teammates thought, either.

"You thinkin' that's as good as money earned, Gambler?" Buck asked.

"I don't count my winnings until I've cashed out." Michelle replied with a smirk to hide her own inner thoughts.

"Yeah, I don't think it'll be fair." Buck replied.

"Not at all. Maybe I'll do it left handed, give myself a handicap so you clowns can keep up." Michelle said, looking at her teammate, "Because you're going to need every advantage."

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2017, 02:35:50 AM »
 Bobbie thought for a moment, she knew she could tap into the latest intel with a quick work around her brother gave her. "Don't blame her at all, I'd be pissed to if I knew my man was thousands of miles away hangin with another hot chick." She bunched her eyes up at him, not for any other reason than the banter they had been doing ever since military types created an air force. Then the question he asked, she didn't think it applied to Cate, but who knew? Maybe Colonel Carter or those two who were now heading towards them. "We might find out now."

"A small woman with an immense attitude"

Offline Patricia Ramirez

• Lt USAF ANG~Red Tails
  • "The Nugget"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 03:07:09 AM »

"Hey." Trish announced herself and of course Kyle nudging her along. "I saw your shoulder patch, you're from 77 Squadron of the Australian Air Force, we have a mutual friend I guess." Then she saw clearly Jack's own path, 1 Squadron which made her eyes balk. "Um, sorry I'm Lieutenant Ramirez, Trish, or Nugget if you like. Air National Guard, my buddy here is Captain Kyle Lacosse, regular Air Force."

"G'day." Kyle said emulating the Aussie greeting. "Save ya'all listening to the Nugget's endless niceties, she's a bit naive with strangers. We were wondering if you guys know Cate MacGregor, she's our CO, or was until a few hours ago."

Trish felt like decking him, she refrained. "'Cuse me." She half smiled, she wasn't in the mood for her typical grinning. "Yeah we thought you guys might know even more about her than we do, I mean she is on exchange, as I guess you are?" She aimed the last at Jack.