collapse
Site Introduction

From the Shadows is a military/spy themed sandbox RP that focuses on the special operations and intelligence communities. Drawing thematic inspiration from real world sources and realistic military fiction (Tom Clancy, Dalton Fury, et al) it is designed to provide an immersive and authentic feeling world and story. Our goal is to be entertaining and engaging while still honoring and respecting the real-life operators and agents who inspire the story.

Rules
Unit List
Active Teams

Want Ads
Face Claims
References

Mature board || No WC || Authentic Setting

Story Spotlight:

Urgent Mercy A coalition force of special operations comes into contact with the cartel and corrupt Argentine Special Forces while trying to rescue a downed friendly pilot.

Author Topic: Port Stanley-Falkland Islands  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Cate MacGregor

• Squadron Leader-RAAF
    • View Profile
Port Stanley-Falkland Islands
« on: May 01, 2017, 03:40:54 AM »
RAF Mount Pleasant, Port Stanley.

Located 30 Kilometers south of the port, RAF Mount Pleasant is home to:
    No. 1435 Flight – 4 x Eurofighter Typhoons
    No. 1312 Flight – 1 x Voyager KC2, 4 x Hercules C3
    No. 1310 Flight – 2 x Chinooks

Now with the new threat coming from Argentina, these forces are being bolstered by the day. Another four flights of Typhoons are being landed within a day, five more Hercules and another eight Chinooks. This has been bolstered by four RAAF F/A18F's and six RCAF CF/18's, with two RAAF F/A18b's and elements from the USAF(F22 x 4) and USMC (AV8B x 8)

Tactical. RAAF 2 CJ-27 Spartan. 2 C17a Globemasters
            USAF 1 E3 Sentry
            USAF 2 KC-10 Extender
            USAF 5 C130J Hercules
            USMC 8 CH53E Super Stallion   

{Col Sam Cater USAF} NPC
{Captain USAF  Kyle Lacosse} NPC
{1st Lieutenant USANG Patricia 'Trish' Ramirez } NPC

<UK CO's Office RAF Mt Pleasant>

Sam had been given the use of the 'Boss's' office almost as soon as her boots hit the linoleum floor leading into the not so large air base facility. It had in fact been even smaller than this not too long ago, with now several more extensions added since the heightened awareness coming out of Buenos Aires. Her eyes were hooded in concern when she saw her Cobra flight pilots walking sullenly, she knew too well how they felt.

"Take a seat please all of you, this will be a short debrief. I don't have to ask what happened as I knew not five seconds after Cate went down. Our AWACS was at least on the ball." Even though Sam told them to sit, she remained standing.

Kyle did as he was told, he preferred not to as he and indeed his teammates had been sitting for the better part of eight hours now. "Do we know why Colonel? As best as I can figure Cate somehow ran out fuel, or worse mech failure." The last two words were spat out, their ANG unit had been using twenty year old aircraft that were already well over used when issued to them.

Looking over at Robert, Trish put a hand on his arm. "We will get her back, you know that. Just believe in it Rob." She was one of the few besides Cate who called him that, most of the men didn't.

Looking down then up, Sam nodded. "That is what we suspect. I'm having the last service reports on 44-6 sent down to us now. We may find something in there. Oh and Captain Henschel, I've been in touch with your Highway Patrol Chief, he has granted you a months leave, Air Force will pick up the tab."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:34:01 PM by Cate MacGregor »
'Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather.'

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
Re: Port Stanley-Falkland Islands
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:05 PM »
RAF Mount Pleasant, Port Stanley.

Robert was shaking a bit as he walked with the others.   He wanted to turn and go back after Cate, but he knew he couldn’t.   Not without backup.  He glanced up at the sky, praying that Cate was safe.  He didn't know what he would do otherwise.

Robert gave Sam a slight nod as he slid into a chair, his legs feeling weak and barely holding his weight.  "I refuse to believe otherwise.  I can't think otherwise. "  He didn’t know if he lover her, but he wanted to.

He looked up quickly as Sam spoke.   Someone could have caused Cate's bird to malfunction?  That couldn’t be right.  "Thank you ma'am.  I appreciate it."  He did miss the guys but he could never do them justice til Cate was back and safe.

Offline Cate MacGregor

• Squadron Leader-RAAF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »
NPC
NPC
NPC

"Every available asset that can be deployed has been, but with the current situation that may not be enough. Our forces are massing for an offensive effort against the Cartel and Cate's rescue may see some of those rescue elements redirected elsewhere." Sam had to say it as it was, there was no choice. "Kyle and Trish, you will remain with my flight, Robert, I wouldn't normally suggest something like this, but given your fulltime employment I couldn't think of anyone else representing us. I'd like to call for volunteers on this base, in fact notice has already been sent out to that point." Now the hard part for him. "Do you think you can keep your emotions in check to be a part of that; I know damned well its a hard call, so I am not making it an order."

Both Kyle and Trish looked across to their teammate, they knew exactly what would be going through his mind. "If it were me buddy, wild equines couldn't stop me." Kyle said flatly, given the opportunity he'd be going himself.

"Yeah, what he said Rob. You got the skills man, they could use you." Same with Trish. They were all deeply fond of Cate, she had made friends with them and it was a friendship not easily broken.
'Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather.'

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 01:13:52 AM »

Robert didn't like the idea of Cate's rescue being put on the back burner.  He knew Sam spoke the truth but that didn't mean he had to like it one little bit.  In his opinion Cate would always come first.  And since he wasn’t part of the active teams he could think that way.

Robert stood stock still, wondering if he was going to be ordered to stay behind.  If he was he wasn’t quite sure how he would react.  Thankfully Sam didn't make him wait long.  "If it gets me back out there I'll hold my emotions in check. "  He nodded at Trish and Kyle.  "You can be assured nothing is gonna hold me back from finding her.  Come hell or high waters I will bring her back."

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 07:29:08 AM »
NPC NPC NPC

For Sam that was all she needed to know. There was a ton of 'virtual' paperwork to be done before she could take a break, but her people were more important in the first instance. She looked at all three of them, they were a great dedicated team and she knew with their resolve not only would Cate be found, but this ugly war would be brought to a swift closure. The very last thing the world needed right now was an entire nation under control of a drug Cartel and their very suspicious backers. Rumor had it that ISIS had a finger in it somewhere through the drugs network and possibly North Korea as well, it would be in both of those interests to have something like this cause massive destabilization across the globe. "Very well then dismissed. Go rest, take a break for now, you'll all know when you're needed. Robert, as soon as something can be organized for you, you'll get a call. Now go on, get out of here I've got work to do."

Trish, then Kyle snapped to attention. They loved Sam both, but neither wanted to get in her bad books; she was a doll, but she did have her levels of discipline.

"Officers Canteen?" Trish said after snapping a quick salute then spinning around.

Kyle whispered to her. "Kid we're indoors, no need to...never mind. Canteen will be great, I need a very large coffee and something decent to eat." He raised his voice slightly as he to turned about. "Coming with Bob?" He asked.

<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt Pleasant>

Two days ago the elements of the RAAF were over the pacific, a eleven hour flight with tankering in between. Then without barely a break after landing at Edwards, it was on to the Falklands via Colorado Springs, Peurto Rico and more tankering. Finally after almost 36 hours of being in the air they had arrived: F/A18's of both types drawn from One and Seventy Seven Squadron, two CJ-27's and two Globemasters with all their necessities and ground crews. Bobbie had temporary command of the F18 flight, which sat on her small shoulders like a mountain, but she was assured that their assigned CO would be joining them within the day.

Not long after they landed, taxying their craft to the now growing line of fighters, Bobbie gave a quick debrief under the wing of her bird, then a quick round of 'What will we do now', was ended with one word. 'Food'. One of the little oddities about Bobbie that some of the receiving ground crews noticed was that she wore two side arms, both identically matched SIG .357 P226's which she bought and paid for herself. She has consistently shot 590's + during inter service competitions; hence the small symbol under her cockpit of twin pistols with %99 painted beside them.

Ten minutes after landing they found themselves in an almost empty canteen. "Wow, its big isn't it" She said to her teammates, seemingly a little awed. The smell of English roast beef made her stomach growl.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:05:36 AM by Robyn Hatfield »

"A small woman with an immense attitude"

Offline Jack Pierce

• LT - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 09:19:35 AM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt. Pleasant>

Jack had broken off from his squadronmates, in dire need of the bathroom, before heading to the Canteen. He reached into one of the pockets of his flight suit and pulled out his cell phone, starting it back up and connecting into the communal wi-fi network. Sure enough, Adrianna was waiting for him on Messenger, so he went to voice chat.

"Hey." Jack said.

"Hey, yourself. You just get in?" Adrianna asked.

"Yeah. After being bounced to just every airfield possible. I was sure we'd end up at Lemoore and Miramar at the rate we were going." Jack replied, walking down the halls.

"Sheesh. How's the weather?" Adrianna said, some clinking and clanging in the background.

"Awful. Under 50 with rain. What're you making?" Jack asked, passing a group of British junior officers.

"I'm not feeling too ambitious, so spaghetti. Oh! Your parts arrived, but the box looks a little worse for wear. You want me to take pictures and send them?" Adrianna asked. Jack frowned, he was not thrilled with the prospect of a set of headers that he had sent off to be machined coming back worse than they left. And they were already late as it was.

"No, because if they're trashed, I'll try to load up for a bombing run. Just leave them in the garage, I'll deal with it when I get back." Jack replied after a sigh.

"Roge. Alright, I better let you go, I invited over Kathy and she just got in. Stay safe out there, yeah?" Adrianna said, some concern in her voice. They both knew what the score was, but that didn't mean they didn't worry about each other.

"I will. I doubt we're going to go up in this weather. I love you." Jack said.

"I love you too. Talk to you later." Adrianna replied. Jack ended the call and turned off his cell phone as he entered the Canteen, right behind Robyn.

"Are you planning to just stand there and try to will the food to you, or you going to get in and get some?" Jack asked with an easy grin, "I don't think you're than strong in the Force for the first way, but that's just my observation."

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »
Robert blew out a breath.  He knew he couldn't do anything until he received the call or was given the go ahead but that didn't mean it was easy.  He wanted to punch the wall or something.  Maybe he should find a gym or at the very least a punching bag to release some of his frustration.  What he really needed was a ride on his gelding Domino but that wasn't possible right now.  He nodded to Sam. "Got it.  Phone's on my belt.  I'm not about to miss that call."  He wanted to get out there and get searching.  He wanted Cate back.

Robert hesitated briefly at Kyle's offer before finally nodding. "Yeah, sure.  Thinking isolation right now isn't a good idea."  He would go crazy if he was by himself right now.  Robert pushed to his feet, nodding at Sam before turning to follow the rest of his team, minus one spunky leader.

Offline Jack Stephens

• US Navy NSW DevGru (SEAL Team 6)
  • O-3, Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
USS George H.W. Bush, CSG 2, Atlantic Ocean - approximately 539nmi from Falklands

"Things are heating up out there ladies and gentleman." The Special Ops Chief, Goodrich, was saying as he addressed the assembled leadership and troops of the Marine forces, Naval leadership, and the DevGru team assigned to the boat. "Our latest intel reports have the cartel moving a massive amount of troops, arms, and equipment back over the border and into Brazil." He turned and put a map on screen. "Commander, over to you." he said to the woman sitting at the table.

"Here. Here. And here." She began indicating positions. "Are where we currently have deployed friendlies." She explained further. "The Army's CAG has inserted a forward AFO team on mission Urgent Fury, supported by a recce team from the Rangers." He moved the laser. "UK SBS are somewhere here." A breath was taken. "And finally we have another element of Army Special Forces and DELTA backed by multinational SMUs setting up a FOB here. FOB Liberator."

She waited for those assembled to finish taking notes. "Our tasker is to be mission capable in the AO for any additional support necessary." She looked around. "Chief, back to you."

Goodrich looked around. "Questions?"

Stephens raised his hand. "Chief. What's the enemy disposition out there?"

The Chief gave a nod to that question. "Good question, LT. These guys have begun funneling Soviet block weapons from Venezuela. They have gear from the Argentine forces. Plus whatever they had from the cartel itself. So considered these as heavily armed assholes." He looked around.

Viper raised his hand. "Chief, ROE?"

"Straight up, this situation has SNAFU written all over it. Uniformed Argentine military are marked friendly unless you are engaged by them. Plain clothes armed personnel are considered hostile at this point." He took a breath and looked around. Stephens popped his hand up again.

"Chief, what type of support assets do we have?"

"You're going to have RQ-1s, RQ-170s, and manned CAS based from here on the Bush and the base on the Falklands." He looked around. "SWCC boats will be your primary insertion vehicles, the Mark V SOCs are already getting set up at Port Stanely." When nobody else spoke, he pulled up a new screen. "Here are the freqs for operational assets in country. Your team will roll through JSOC control in the AO, callsign Palace." He crossed his arms over his chest. "Alright, get to it."

--

The briefing had taken them most of the morning, but once they got their gear and got stowed on the helos, it'd be a quick jaunt to the Port. Once they landed, Stephens immediately circled his team.

"Gear check. Get your stuff over to our billets, then we'll go see the SWCCs and make sure the crews are good to go."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:19:45 PM by Jack Stephens »

Offline Tactical Operations Center

• The TOC
  • Board Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »
*BREAK* *BREAK* *BREAK*

Intelligence Update Follows

CIA has intercepted sat images that show offloading of Chinese-made J-7 type fast movers. Current count is at 25. Port of call for freighter Habib is Libya. Langley has assets in country tracking down source. Unclear at this time as to how fighters were smuggled out of China or by who.

Intelligence intercepts report that Russian Spetznaz forces may be operating in and around Venezuela at this time to curtail the sale of Russian made modern armaments, purchased by the Venezuelan government, from being used against NATO forces

--

Updates to BluFor: US Navy Carrier Strike Group 2, led by the USS George H.W. Bush has arrived in the waters near South America. It will provide destroyer guided missile support, CAS, and other assets to the newly formed Joint Operations Task Force - Argentina.

Offline Leah Kim-Sook

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
Staging, Port Stanley
SB2 Leah Kim-Soom
Special Boat Team 12

With a foot propped up on on the rim of a SOC and Mk. 18 sling to her chest, Leah peered down at a younger enlisted as he worked out mounting the .50 to the aft. She had taken care of the GAU already, and the 240's were already mounted upon her arrival. They boat crews worked around the DOC's, all clad in ERDL Woodland. Leah's  ASH sat upon a open crate with her aid bag. Being boat ones combat life saver have her yet another role but one she was used too. The TL  made it clear that there would be a lot of double clutching on this one.

"Yo Kim-Sook, how's that GAU?"

"All's green Cheif. What's the word?"

"We got some sea faring a-typer personalities coming down on us shortly. Make sure  we're ready to go. I need to check the other boats."

"Hooya Chief." She turned away, gripping her aid bag and mounted it onto her thigh,  placing the helmet on her seat. There were massive doubts that they'd  see any VBSS action this trip so the boat girl was making it a point to get comfy. "Hey riddles. This will be your first around the world wouldn't it?"

"Uh roger..." The young man didn't quite like the look his senior was giving him. "Uh...why Boxer?"

Boxer, a name the team's ever so generously came up with for her."

"Oh nothing, gotta get your shell back is all."

"Oh god...is um...is it bad? The taste I mean..."

"Let's just say I'll habe rum on standby for you to wash your mouth out with."

"Oh Christ."

Leah smirked, crossing one leg over the other. Her seat was positioned just behind amd off to the right of the Chief's who would be driving this crate. She missed her old spot, rocking  the hell out of thay GAU  up front. Though in truth, like amy SWCC she rotated. Now she was here doing semi-boss things and patching up bleeding hearts. Oh how the mighty have fallen. "They could be at least given me a SAW to plau with back here," she muttered as the boys finished up amd clambered about into the SOC.

Offline Broderick Stone

• M Sqd, Troop A - Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 11:02:08 PM »
[South Atlantic Special Operations Warfare Cente, adjacent to RAF Mt Pleasant]

• Squadron M, Troop Alpha / 4 16-men troop (with 3 4-man patrols in each troop)
  • Currently with him: 2 troops (32 men in troop, 24 men split into groups of 4)
  • Refer to Brody's app for two patrols, more to come later

Broderick and his troop had touched down in the Falklands as soon as they had heard of the escalating situation in Argentina. They knew that another SBS patrol had been sent out initially, but things seemed to worsen as more intelligence continued to gather. He pulled a hand down his face as he stepped out of the bathroom and towards the briefing room. Troop Alpha had been primed and prepared as much as they could at this moment in time, and the two troops had gathered in the briefing room, all low-level chatter.

Upon his entry, those that were not already standing, stood to attention.

"At ease," Brody waited for them to return to their seats to face the projection that he had pulled up by the tech. "Now, the situation is getting increasingly difficult - we all like a bit of pressure, don't we lads? - but new intel suggests that fighter jets have been smuggled out of China. They are led to believe that this centers around Venezuela. Apparently, we have a Russian element sniffing around, and may have been providing those armaments. Questions?"

"What's the situation regarding the downed pilot?"

Broderick nodded, "Valid question. Staff Sergeant Wilson from my patrol has gone to ask for that mission, my patrol assisted by another plus Troop Bravo from Squadron X is already on the ground."

"ROE?"

"Cartel and Argentine Military are considered hostile at this current point. Be sure to check, though, standard rules apply here; we don't engage until they have engaged us. Our birds' going to drop us as close as they can get and we're going to rendezvous with the elements on the ground. Study this map whilst I go over to meet with Colonel Carter, make sure you commit this to memory."

--

Broderick walked with a brisk pace as he pulled up to the door of the Colonel's office, nodding at his sergeant as he knocked gently at the door, "Permission to enter, Colonel."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:12:37 AM by Thaddeus »

Offline Aron Klaudiusz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 11:30:32 PM »
USS George H.W. Bush, CSG 2, Atlantic Ocean - approximately 539nmi from Falklands
LtJg. Aron Klaudiusz, JW Formoza

Aron had been on a cross training trek with Dev for a few weeks now. That also meant rhat he was subject to their operations. Now thw team he had been rolling with so far had been pulled for operations in South America.

From what he could gather during the briefing NATO was throwing a lot into this situation, it made him wonder why so many assets were be n tossed at Argentina. Sure it was a tinder box but to him this stank of a gross misalocation of resources. Still it wasn't his place. He boarded the bird along with the Seal's trailing along as he had been, his gear  on and prepped his HK416 mounting an M320, and P226 in hand and prepped. He got his weapons situated in their respective place and joined the Stephens and his SEALs. Aron wore multicam black pants and combat shirt under his tan kit. Not exactly blending with his American counterparts,  but sich a thing was trivial and of littler concern now.

-----------

Aron joined with Stephens  and his team once they were in the ground,  adjusting his helmet and gator a bit for the sake of comfort. He glanced ocer to the boats in waiting, nodding in approval at the sight of such wonderfully monstrous machines. "Just like home. I bet the smoking guns smell the same too," he joked. His English wasn't perfect, an obvious accent dropped around his words but je was well learning of the English language.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:43:02 AM by Aron Klaudiusz »

Offline Michelle Hanley

• PO2 - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 12:32:46 AM »

Michelle couldn't help but agree with the assessment of the op being SNAFU, especially with the doubly complicated ROE. Sooner or later, someone was going to figure that part out and abuse it, but such was life with these situations. Plus, not every enemy was going to dress up like a rent-a-ninja or wear proverbial black hats, that was just a fact of life in the modern era of conflict. It didn't mean she liked it, but at least it meant she'd understand it...

-----------

As soon as they were on the ground, Michelle grabbed her gear off of the helicopter, and fell into step along with her teammates. Aside from the norm of an HK416 and HK45C, she also had one of the new Mk. 21 MSRs. Even if the jungles would limit engagement ranges, the fact was that she was likely going to need to reach out and touch someone with .338, and there was simply no other way around it.

"First time?" Michelle glanced to who asked that, one her teammates. She had only just been assigned to this team, so she was probably an unknown factor to them.

"No. I was in the sandbox last month." She replied, "As soon as I got posted to Team Three, I got put on the first ride out to help out in Kurdistan. Before that, the closest I got was working with DSS and the Jarheads at the embassy in Athens."

"How is that close?" Buck asked.

"Greece isn't exactly stable with their economy in the shitter. Plus, not long ago, someone shot an RPG at the embassy. So yeah, maybe not Iraq or Afghanistan, but still a far call from being State-side." Michelle replied with a shrug.

"No shit? I thought it was all good there, I didn't know someone shot an RPG at our embassy. Did we catch them?" Buck asked, glancing more at her.

"Nope. Reward was posted and everything. But it's up and down. It's not like a full-blown civil war like Ukraine, but yeah, it's no bueno there. I did some cross training with DSS when I was getting discouraged about not joining the SEALs, was considering jumping over to there, but my Senior Chief at the time talked me out of it." Michelle said.

As they continued to their billet, they passed the flight line and the lineup of the various fighters and support aircraft that had shown up for the action.

"You think this is a bit overkill? We got Aussies and Canadians here?" Buck commented.

"Commonwealth politics, man. The Brits aren't keen about the new player in Buenos Ares looking at trying again for the islands, and with our involvement, it was easy to get them roped in." Another one of the squad commented.

"Besides, you think if Mexico went full narco, would we pull any punches?" Michelle chimed in.

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 01:20:20 AM »
Spoiler: show

Jack had broken off from his squadronmates, in dire need of the bathroom, before heading to the Canteen. He reached into one of the pockets of his flight suit and pulled out his cell phone, starting it back up and connecting into the communal wi-fi network. Sure enough, Adrianna was waiting for him on Messenger, so he went to voice chat.

"Hey." Jack said.

"Hey, yourself. You just get in?" Adrianna asked.

"Yeah. After being bounced to just every airfield possible. I was sure we'd end up at Lemoore and Miramar at the rate we were going." Jack replied, walking down the halls.

"Sheesh. How's the weather?" Adrianna said, some clinking and clanging in the background.

"Awful. Under 50 with rain. What're you making?" Jack asked, passing a group of British junior officers.

"I'm not feeling too ambitious, so spaghetti. Oh! Your parts arrived, but the box looks a little worse for wear. You want me to take pictures and send them?" Adrianna asked. Jack frowned, he was not thrilled with the prospect of a set of headers that he had sent off to be machined coming back worse than they left. And they were already late as it was.

"No, because if they're trashed, I'll try to load up for a bombing run. Just leave them in the garage, I'll deal with it when I get back." Jack replied after a sigh.

"Roge. Alright, I better let you go, I invited over Kathy and she just got in. Stay safe out there, yeah?" Adrianna said, some concern in her voice. They both knew what the score was, but that didn't mean they didn't worry about each other.

"I will. I doubt we're going to go up in this weather. I love you." Jack said.

"I love you too. Talk to you later." Adrianna replied. Jack ended the call and turned off his cell phone as he entered the Canteen, right behind Robyn.

"Are you planning to just stand there and try to will the food to you, or you going to get in and get some?" Jack asked with an easy grin, "I don't think you're than strong in the Force for the first way, but that's just my observation."

"What? Oh, shit yes um....Jesus Jack you always get me when I don't have a witty reply doncha?" Bobbie wasn't smiling, she wasn't frowning either, simply wearing that neutral expression that fell on her face 90% of the time. Hence the reason most people couldn't read her for life or money. So with wobbly 'beenintheairforever' footsteps she picked up a tray and some utensils before her drool session on the glass covers of the servery. For even though she was as small tiny women, as observed by many in her squadron and of course noted by their CO, Bobbie was one of those type who 'could eat the horse and chase the rider' kind of eaters. Nothing touched her, at least not in this life. She could go seven rounds on an all you can eat buffet, still weighing the same at the end of the week.

Choosing now the Fish and Chips she hadn't smelled earlier in favor of the roast beef, she casually spoke of things that were important to the flight; home. Yes it had only been three days, but three days for these people could be the most precious days of your life. "How is she?" Bobbie had big ears, besides Adriana was a friend and typically like a mother hen (a very young one) she was concerned for the both of them. Her eyes then fell on the rice pudding, she hadn't had that forever; trust the Brits to keep up traditions. "That I will have as well please." She asked the steward who on looking at her huge mound of chips with the fish, then looking at the dainty woman in front of him, raised an eyebrow as if to say 'are your sure ma'am?'. Bobbie got in first. "I haven't eaten in a month."

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 01:50:21 AM »
Spoiler: show
Robert blew out a breath.  He knew he couldn't do anything until he received the call or was given the go ahead but that didn't mean it was easy.  He wanted to punch the wall or something.  Maybe he should find a gym or at the very least a punching bag to release some of his frustration.  What he really needed was a ride on his gelding Domino but that wasn't possible right now.  He nodded to Sam. "Got it.  Phone's on my belt.  I'm not about to miss that call."  He wanted to get out there and get searching.  He wanted Cate back.

Robert hesitated briefly at Kyle's offer before finally nodding. "Yeah, sure.  Thinking isolation right now isn't a good idea."  He would go crazy if he was by himself right now.  Robert pushed to his feet, nodding at Sam before turning to follow the rest of his team, minus one spunky leader.

*0700 hours 25th April*

NPC NPC

>> To Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt. Pleasant>>

The three of them walked across the now rain swept parade ground that separated the main Administration building from the Accommodation barracks and the various mess halls, or canteens as the Brits liked to call them. It was a light rain at least with the late April temperature this far south hovering at around a barmy 57 degrees, lovely Kyle thought to himself, his wife Rosanna (an immigrant from Finland) would utterly adore it and how he wished she was here with him. He prayed she and their two little boys were safe and sound. "You know man..." He said as his hand pushed open the canteen door, which gave out a nice blast of warm air in his face. "...isolation can kill you or drive you crazy. Remember I was with you in the 'Stan when you almost burned out. Bob you went to ground then and it weren't pretty, I'm not gonna let you do that again, even if I have to chain you to a chair and talk to you all day and night. Got it? Ain't gonna happen." Then he headed in.

Trish didn't know the history of the boys, she was still the newb. Her normal day job was flying work crews back and forth to the oil rigs in the gulf, over 80% of her flying hours were in choppers which included a brief stint in Florida with Shandscair. She started her ANG life in that state, then transferring to Alabama when her parents moved (yes she was still living with them at 28), she was in her second year of flying the F16. "You guys were in the 'Stan together?" She asked seemingly wanting to get the answer from Rob. Though she liked Kyle, he came off too much as the big brother where she was concerned, the five year age gap didn't help and neither did the fact he was full time Air Force.

* Awards

RPG-D MC #130 - 2nd Place

* Forum Staff

Tactical Operations Center admin Tactical Operations Center
Board Staff
E.J. admin E.J.
Board Staff
Thaddeus admin Thaddeus
Board Staff
Mim admin Mim
Board Staff