collapse
Site Introduction

From the Shadows is a military/spy themed sandbox RP that focuses on the special operations and intelligence communities. Drawing thematic inspiration from real world sources and realistic military fiction (Tom Clancy, Dalton Fury, et al) it is designed to provide an immersive and authentic feeling world and story. Our goal is to be entertaining and engaging while still honoring and respecting the real-life operators and agents who inspire the story.

Rules
Unit List
Active Teams

Want Ads
Face Claims
References

Mature board || No WC || Authentic Setting

Story Spotlight:

Urgent Mercy A coalition force of special operations comes into contact with the cartel and corrupt Argentine Special Forces while trying to rescue a downed friendly pilot.

Author Topic: Port Stanley-Falkland Islands  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Colonel Samantha Carter

• "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
    • View Profile
Re: Port Stanley-Falkland Islands
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 02:22:30 AM »
Spoiler: show
[South Atlantic Special Operations Warfare Cente, adjacent to RAF Mt Pleasant]

• Squadron M, Troop Alpha / 4 16-men troop (with 3 4-man patrols in each troop)
  • Currently with him: 2 troops (32 men in troop, 24 men split into groups of 4)
  • Refer to Brody's app for two patrols, more to come later

Broderick and his troop had touched down in the Falklands as soon as they had heard of the escalating situation in Argentina. They knew that another SBS patrol had been sent out initially, but things seemed to worsen as more intelligence continued to gather. He pulled a hand down his face as he stepped out of the bathroom and towards the briefing room. Troop Alpha had been primed and prepared as much as they could at this moment in time, and the two troops had gathered in the briefing room, all low-level chatter.

Upon his entry, those that were not already standing, stood to attention.

"At ease," Brody waited for them to return to their seats to face the projection that he had pulled up by the tech. "Now, the situation is getting increasingly difficult - we all like a bit of pressure, don't we lads? - but new intel suggests that fighter jets have been smuggled out of China. They are led to believe that this centers around Venezuela. Apparently, we have a Russian element sniffing around, and may have been providing those armaments. Questions?"

"What's the situation regarding the downed pilot?"

Broderick nodded, "Valid question. Staff Sergeant Wilson from my patrol has gone to ask for that mission, my patrol assisted by another plus Troop Bravo from Squadron X is already on the ground."

"ROE?"

"Cartel and Argentine Military are considered hostile at this current point. Be sure to check, though, standard rules apply here; we don't engage until they have engaged us. Our birds' going to drop us as close as they can get and we're going to rendezvous with the elements on the ground. Study this map whilst I go over to meet with Colonel Carter, make sure you commit this to memory."

--

Broderick walked with a brisk pace as he pulled up to the door of the Colonel's office, nodding at his sergeant as he knocked gently at the door,
"Permission to enter, Colonel."

<UK CO's Office RAF Mt Pleasant>

Her people had not long left, giving Sam ample time to scan through the reports that were scrolling through on screen like the credits of a movie and bad credits they were to as if this was in fact a very horrible 'B' grade war movie. CIA reports, Pentagon updates and even some from the UN Security council. Worst of it was, Sam was going to call Cate's parents herself personally since she knew the Admiral from working with him in the past on joint exercises, it was the best thing she could do. The phone was in her hand when a knock came to the door; she looked over her glasses to see who it was, squinting at the name patch then doing mental gymnastics to work out the Brit rank. "Yes please Captain Stone, come in." Hopefully he was going to offer his services in the hunt for Cate. "Colonel Samantha Carter, US Air Force." She said standing, extending her hand.
"I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle."

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »
>> To Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt. Pleasant>>

Robert barely seemed to notice the rain as they walked.  As soon as he could he had managed to snag his sand colored cowboy hat and slipped it over his short blonde hair.  Rain might annoy others but after spending time in the desert he decided he would never complain about rain again.  he blew out a breath at Kyle's reminder.  That had been a bad time and he had nearly lost it there.

"Yeah, we were.  I pushed too hard and as Kyle so kindly reminded me I burnt myself out.  It wasn't a pretty picture.  Took a while to truly get back on my feet although I hate to admit it, but Kyle did have a hand in that," he said, shooting his friend a slight smile.  "And I do know he will do as he threatened and tie me to a chair.  I think I'll just agree to come and get something to eat.  Listening to him babble all day is torture," he teased, trying to stay upbeat.  Cate wouldn't want him to be depressed.

Offline Jack Pierce

• LT - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 03:42:49 PM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt. Pleasant>

Jack got right in line with Bobbie, shrugging at her comment.

"It's a talent I have, honed from years of being a smart ass." Jack said, finishing with a grin. He opted for the roast beef, though he didn't pile up his plate nearly as high.

"Word of advice for long trips, pack some snack bars in your pockets. Bouncing all around the Pacific taught me that, picked it up from my lead with VFA-94. Don't get granola bars though, then you get to clean that out under the watchful eye of a pissed off crew chief." Jack commented, "At least then you don't eat so much you'll get a stomach ache."

As the subject changed to his wife, he chuckled.

"She's fine, just not thrilled with the separation. Neither of us are, and I'm sure it doesn't help that we're a short hop away from a warzone. We both know the risks, but that doesn't mean we have to like them." Jack replied. He then glanced at the woman giving Bobbie a questioning look.

"Might want to do what the lady says, she might just start eating it right out of the tray if you keep holding out on her." Jack commented with a smirk.

Offline Broderick Stone

• M Sqd, Troop A - Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 07:04:02 PM »

Brody curtly nodded, stepping into join Wilson as they both stood in front of the Colonel. He noticed as she squinted to see his name tag. They did not tend to wear much in the formality of things, and would later be dressed in their under armour shirts with little to link back to the country in which they served.

"Colonel Samantha Carter, US Air Force."

"Broderick Stone, SBS. This is Staff Sergeant Riley Wilson," Broderick took the woman's hand, giving it a firm shake before his hand was once again by his side. "We're wondering whether you'd appreciate a couple more troops on the ground in the search for your missing pilot, ma'am."

In the back of his mind, he knew his own men were studying the maps, going over their drills. They were wanting action ever since their squadron commander had announced that a patrol had been sent from X squadron to deal with the missing pilot, but knew the situation had been escalated.

"As well as the Venezuelan situation. Brody's got a couple of patrols that he can send in such direction for extra manpower on the ground as well." Wilson chipped in, before his jaw clamped shut in wait for the colonel's response.

Offline Jack Stephens

• US Navy NSW DevGru (SEAL Team 6)
  • O-3, Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 07:59:39 PM »
"Smoking guns are the universal language." He said, replying to Aron. It was interesting having the Pole on the team, given how similar their training had been but with vastly different practice. He walked with his group towards their bunks for the duration. Since they were a small element, they were getting tossed in with the grunts of the base.

He carved out a small section of space under his bed and pushed his go bag under it. He noticed Buck giving the new chick a hard time, as per the usual. He was glad to see she was more than able to hold her own. This was his first experience with a female operator on team. It was exceedingly rare for females to pass the demanding BUD/S course, and then more so to be selected for DevGru. That meant she had to be the best of the best of the best, and he was glad to have her.

Once everyone was stowing their gear, he led them down to where the SWCCs were nearly done being assembled. He caught sight of the chief. "Chief! Your crew ready to lay some metal?" He asked.

Offline Aron Klaudiusz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 09:25:46 PM »
<Boat Harbour-Port Stanley>

Aron couldn't help but chuckle as he followed suit, following his American counterparts.  He glanced over towards the rest of the team, noting their jive, finding their interaction interesting. He had worked with females before of his own nation and other nations,  but never in this capacity  or at this level. He found it quite interest and had no gripes about it so far.

He had been training with these SEALs for some  weeks now. They had picked up on each others quirks amd workings well enough, though none of the Americans were capable of out drinking him yet.

Aron followed Jack after showing his gear. He had opted to go with the 416 I'm favor of his usual G36 or am AK variant more so to fall in line with the rest of the team.

As they approached the boays, the Polish man let out a low whistle as he admired the boats. "Piękne dzieci," he complimented. "They're beautiful machines. Much more...uh what's the word. Monstrous than the RHIB."

Yah: Jack, NSW  Personnel
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:27:03 AM by Aron Klaudiusz »

Offline Leah Kim-Sook

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »
<Boat Harbour-Port Stanley>

"Got the Polish rocking with us too huh?" The Chief boat operator glanced up from his checklist. He excused the Seaman near him and stepped off the SOC, and offered an unnecessary salute. He thought it better just to go about doing so. Some officers like feeling good about themselves, amd he didn't know which kind this man was. "We're good to go here sir. We're eben prepped for MCADS in the event that things get to hit for a casual stroll in the water.

"Guns are all spun up, men are tested, equipment checks out. The routes are confirmed as well as all contingencies rehearsed and known. We're ready." He looked back towards the lead boat. "Kim-Soon we up?"

"Hooya chief, all up. I just want to file down the feed tray on this 240. It's a real bi-..." Leah froze,l once she looked up. Everything in her senses said officers so she made it a point to curb jer language. "Primary and Secondaries are clear. Just making modifications Chief."

Tag: NSW Personnel
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:27:19 AM by Leah Kim-Sook »

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 03:36:40 AM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt. Pleasant-> 0720

The young man conceded he was up against a battle in a tiny package, for all he knew she could be one of those covert type of women who secretly had trained in every martial arts under the sun whereby she could break every bone in his body with a mere thought. Her 'handler' didn't look much less capable either. "Yes ma'am...sir." He filled a clean dessert bowl to almost overflowing with the cinnamon topped pudding, a query on his face to Jack if he'd like some as well.

"Thank you." Bobbie gave him that much, he was after all a steward, his life condemned to  servitude of the officer ranks. That line always made her laugh, coming from her old instructor back at RAAF Pearce, the very woman the others were looking for. She had to hand it to MacGregor, as much as Bobbie couldn't stand the woman, she had a way with words.

Her head then swiveled back to Jack as she saw several Americans enter. "Your people." She said nodding her head in their direction. "Well, Air Force ones anyway.." She looked hard at the dark guy, recognizing his face. "Isn't that Captain Lacosse, the guy your Air Force used on recruiting posters a few years ago?" Apparently Kyle was responsible for taking out a very senior Taliban chief with nothing more than a single 50kg practice bomb. Kind of funny when you thought about it really. "Been down that road. Remember back at Amberly those 'Kellogs Muesli bars I'm so fond of? Much the same thing. When I was second seat in the 'Pig' they were the only thing that got me through long flights...no the crew chiefs didn't appreciate it at all."

"Next time you call her Jack, tell her 'I' am keeping you out of trouble." She couldn't resist poking her tongue out at him.

"A small woman with an immense attitude"

Offline Robyn Hatfield

• 'She has wings to fly'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 04:16:04 AM »
NPC NPC

"Wow. I bet you guys have some buddy stories don't you?" Her old man did, three wars a marine and the stories were endless from Vietnam to GW1. He was a part of the reason she was doing what she did, although he wasn't a pilot, he was close as one being a gunner on choppers first with the old Huey, finishing up before he retired on the Super Cobra. "Hey look, we're not alone either." Trish looked past both her teammates to see a tiny women (well smaller than her anyway) and a rather tall hunk with her. She squinted her eyes to see the Aussie shoulder patch on the woman. "Must be from that RAAF Hornet Squadron we saw on the hard stand, god what I'd give to fly one of those." She did however feel a little down when she listened to Rob's explanation, that must have been hard to deal with. Trish rested her hand on his shoulder, encouraging him in. "He will, I've seen him do it first hand." She laughed, as the former nugget knew from Kyle's training of her.

"Aww come on guys I mean really? Buddy stories Ramirez? That is so old school. Besides what's in this head is stayin there." His finger poked at the aforementioned cranium. "I know about your old man though Trish, now you see Bob...." He looked at the other pilots across at the servery. "...Trish here could entertain us all night telling us about 'Boss' Ramirez, a gun slinger at the Nui Dat corral...Hornets...meh."

"Fuck you man." Trish jabbed him in the side. Yeah her old man wasn't famous like Kyle was, but he did have the Navy Cross which put him pretty much up there. "Food, glorious food."

"Up yours to, chicka boom." Kyle added as he headed into the lovely aroma.

"A small woman with an immense attitude"

Offline Colonel Samantha Carter

• "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 04:51:11 AM »
Spoiler: show

Brody curtly nodded, stepping into join Wilson as they both stood in front of the Colonel. He noticed as she squinted to see his name tag. They did not tend to wear much in the formality of things, and would later be dressed in their under armour shirts with little to link back to the country in which they served.

"Colonel Samantha Carter, US Air Force."

"Broderick Stone, SBS. This is Staff Sergeant Riley Wilson," Broderick took the woman's hand, giving it a firm shake before his hand was once again by his side. "We're wondering whether you'd appreciate a couple more troops on the ground in the search for your missing pilot, ma'am."

In the back of his mind, he knew his own men were studying the maps, going over their drills. They were wanting action ever since their squadron commander had announced that a patrol had been sent from X squadron to deal with the missing pilot, but knew the situation had been escalated.

"As well as the Venezuelan situation. Brody's got a couple of patrols that he can send in such direction for extra manpower on the ground as well." Wilson chipped in, before his jaw clamped shut in wait for the colonel's response.

After shaking both hands of the Brits Sam stepped back to her desk, plumping down in the ever so comfy chair. Lines of worry creased her brow when she looked up to them. "Nice to see you both here, Sergeant Wilson you know hearing your name makes me smile. My husband is a huge fan of yours." Sam Carter had a quirky sense of humor at times, often lost on the British and Aussies. If he asked, he'd quickly get the connection if she even hinted that both her and Jack were avid watchers of old BBC shows. "Sit please, I need to bring you up to speed. A few hours ago one of our F16 flights lost a pilot on operations over Cartel held territory; the target was a missile site and the mission was successful but..." She turned the computer screen around to show them a photo of Cate. "...Squadron Leader Catherine MacGregor, an exchange pilot from Australia, who was leading the flight apparently encountered a aircraft malfunction, went down somewhere here." She tapped a key to bring up the latest satellite map. "Status unknown, although sat images from just five minutes ago show her bird relatively intact minus wings. The canopy is open as you can see in this image so we can only assume she is alive and took the plane down."

Then she took a deep breath, a tear almost forming in her eyes. "This came from the Pentagon just before you arrived." Sam pushed over the plain white sheet with her own husbands signature and the Pentagon seal on it. "From the CIA, actually. Cate is, or was an operative with both ASIS and the CIA. She is apparently very valuable although equally apparently she has a lot in her head they don't want getting out. If she is not safely found within twenty four hours, she is to be sacrificed, I don't need to tell you what that means."
"I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle."

Offline Michelle Hanley

• PO2 - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 05:45:58 AM »
<Boat Harbor, Port Stanley>

The weather was about as dour as the moods around the base seemed to be. Even Buck seemed to quiet down after the team secured their gear. Externally, Michelle was keeping a neutral demeanor, but internally, she was battling nerves. Her time in Iraq had been short, so she was still a novice to the team. But ever since her first overseas deployment, after her brother was killed in Iraq, the lingering concern of being the next one of her family to die always nagged at her...

"Sir, anything I can do to help out while we get ready? No sense standing around like a civvie on standby boarding." She asked Stephens, putting on a grin to mask her internal thoughts.

Offline Mim

• Bow before your Goddess
  • Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-fi and Fantasy Forum
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 05:58:05 AM »
~From RAF Mt Pleasant Met office~
0722 weather local area
South Atlantic low depression bringing morning showers.
Wind SSE 10 knots. Temps High 16c- Low -1c
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:59:52 AM by Mim »
"The stars are no barrier for me."

Offline Jack Pierce

• LT - USN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 06:00:52 AM »
<Officer's Canteen, RAF Mt Pleasant>

Jack shook his head to the steward before glancing over where Bobbie had seen the "zoomies". He shook his head.

"I don't see Wings of Gold, they're not mine. And I heard the story too, lame. Come back to me when someone else drops a toilet. Everything else is just pretending to be as awesome as that." Jack said. Though many considered it a meme or fake, a Navy A-1 Skyraider had indeed dropped a toilet during Vietnam.

As he started to eat, he glanced up at Bobbie after she made her request for his next call home.

"Oh yeah, ookaay." He said, dragging out the okay, "You and I both know AJ has the most finely tuned bullshit radar ever, and that you don't keep me out of trouble, you aid and abet it. Or have we forgotten that place in Perth that we about got the entire RAAF banned from?" Jack concluded with a grin of his own. No one could claim innocence that night, and there had been a lot of ass chewings that Monday.

"I wonder how crowded this little island is about to be..." Jack mused aloud.

Offline Robert Henschel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »

Robert actually laughed a bit at that.  "Hmm, I'm sure we could come up with some stories," he answered, glancing at Kyle.  There were also other parts that he would rather forget like the landmine that had taken out a good soldier who had been trying to help one of the local children get back to safety.  War was not pretty.  It was one of the reasons he wouldn't complain about his job as a cop.  there was times he felt like he was living in hell on earth.

"Wait, you mean you actually aren't gonna spout off any stories?" he asked, surprised by Kyle. "And I've heard of him.  I'm sure Trish does have some stories to share." Robert rolled his eyes.  'Hence why I'm not tempting him."  he followed Trish's gaze.  "Hmm, that seems right.  There are quite an assortment of people here.  I'm hoping at least one of them will help us to find Cate." He couldn't help it.  He missed her and wanted her back in his arms.  Robert shook the thought for his head as he walked over to get a cup of coffee.  He needed something to distract him until he was able to get back out there and hunting.  Trish and Kyle picking on each other was helping though.

Offline Broderick Stone

• M Sqd, Troop A - Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »

They remained standing as the Colonel took a seat. Riley could not help but crack a smile as the colonel mentioned the fact that they watched shows.

"Dads Army, Colonel. Great show." Riley replied, with a nod before clearing his throat as they were instructed to take a seat.

Both of the Brits had taken a seat almost in sync with one another as they listened to what she had to say. Riley frowned as the colonel listed the possible reasons of the downed bird.

Broderick folded his arms across his chest as he leaned in to view the picture of the missing pilot - noting her facial features and her name for future use. His eyes moved around the satellite map that she had brought up following the picture of the pilot with interest. Both of the men were noting positions.

"This came from the Pentagon just before you arrived."

That couldn't be good, Broderick noted the sudden shift in tone as the white sheet was pushed in front of him. He remained locked with the colonel's gaze a second longer before pulling the paper into his hands and reading it.

"From the CIA, actually. Cate is, or was an operative with both ASIS and the CIA. She is apparently very valuable although equally apparently she has a lot in her head they don't want getting out. If she is not safely found within twenty four hours, she is to be sacrificed, I don't need to tell you what that means."

Seemed this was of top priority. His jaw clenched at the fact that there was such consideration that a member would be sacrificed, he was having none of that bollocks. Broderick took a deep breath, passing the paper back and sitting straight in his chair as he locked his gaze with the Colonel, "We're on board for rescuing the pilot, Colonel. Two patrols are going to be with me, with another three on standby. If you have anything to add, by all means, I'm very happy to adjust plans, ma'am."

* Awards

RPG-D MC #130 - 2nd Place

* Forum Staff

Tactical Operations Center admin Tactical Operations Center
Board Staff
E.J. admin E.J.
Board Staff
Thaddeus admin Thaddeus
Board Staff
Mim admin Mim
Board Staff
Ghost0109 gmod Ghost0109