collapse
Site Introduction

From the Shadows is a military/spy themed sandbox RP that focuses on the special operations and intelligence communities. Drawing thematic inspiration from real world sources and realistic military fiction (Tom Clancy, Dalton Fury, et al) it is designed to provide an immersive and authentic feeling world and story. Our goal is to be entertaining and engaging while still honoring and respecting the real-life operators and agents who inspire the story.

Rules
Unit List
Active Teams

Want Ads
Face Claims
References

Mature board || No WC || Authentic Setting

Story Spotlight:

Urgent Mercy A coalition force of special operations comes into contact with the cartel and corrupt Argentine Special Forces while trying to rescue a downed friendly pilot.

Author Topic: Hey all!  (Read 134 times)

Offline Niki

• Recruit
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
Hey all!
« on: May 04, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
Greetings everybody!

In the RL I'm called Sarah.  I'm 31 and I live in Houston, Texas, USA.  Houston rocks! 
I'm into biking, scuba, my cats, reading/listening to audiobooks, cooking, and werk, werk, werk, werk, werk.

Almost done with... Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
Last book finished... Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
Newest obsession... The King Killer Chronicles (please nerd out with me if you are also a fan)
Struggling to get past ch.1...  Dune by Frank Herbert (don't hate me! I'm trying!)
Next up... Narconomics: How to Run a Drug Cartel by Tom Wainwright

I just got a new job that has freed up a lot of my time, so I'm looking to jump back into RPing. 
I've mostly dabbled on original fantasy/mafia/military/political sites.

I've recently introduced my amateur-writing boyfriend to the world of forum-RP so I may end up recruiting him here eventually!  (I just got him set up on a sci-fi site though... so we'll see).

Like anybody -- I'm slow to reply when my life gets busy, but I don't mind being poked/reminded!

- Niki

Offline Mim

• Bow before your Goddess
  • Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-fi and Fantasy Forum
Re: Hey all!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »
 Hey Sarah so glad to meet you and tis weird, just five minutes ago speaking to my sister Sarah  :lol

Love your list of things to do, scuba is on my list :D I see Houston every other week on one of the Food Network shows, whether its DDD, Burgers-Beer and Que or Manfire Food. Looks like an awesome place  :CH

adore your meme  :yes

Oh and you're a Stargate fan to  :yes :sam2 :indeed
"The stars are no barrier for me."

Offline E.J.

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Board Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:38:32 PM »
Greetings! I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Offline Niki

• Recruit
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:27:26 AM »
Thanks EJ and Mim!  Excited to RP and excited to nerd out about Stargate haha :)

Offline Mim

• Bow before your Goddess
  • Board Staff
  • Little Miss Trouble
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-fi and Fantasy Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:06:19 AM »
 :yes

Seeing as how Stargate is 90% military we should have an off topic thread for it shouldn't we? :D

oh and just for you Niki >>>

"The stars are no barrier for me."

* Awards

RPG-D MC #130 - 2nd Place

* Forum Staff

Tactical Operations Center admin Tactical Operations Center
Board Staff
E.J. admin E.J.
Board Staff
Thaddeus admin Thaddeus
Board Staff
Mim admin Mim